This is completely legal. This does not void your AppleCare or any contracts because you do not install any third party applications!
I've recently updated my iPhone 4s and iPad 3 to ios 6 Beta v3 absolutely free. The new Safari allows easy wiki editing on-the-go which is really useful for me since I'm currently on the go alot over the summer.
Heres a tutorial how to do it:
What you need:
- A Device
- The 5.1.1 firmware unlocked
- iOS 6 Beta 3 (Dev only but you can get it free)
- Know whether your device is CDMA or GSM. Check the model number on the back of your device and confirm the number here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
5.1.1 Firmware: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
iOS Beta 3 (Dev only): http://imzdl.tumblr.com/post/27348645582/ios-6-beta-3-7-16-12
Installation instructions for those who already have Beta 2 or Beta 1
- All you have to do is go to Setttings-General-Software Update on your device and you can update without a Developers account.
Installation instructions for those who do not have any of the previous beta versions
- Back up your device in iTunes
- Download both the firmwares from the links above with the correct model (wrong model doesn't work)
- Open up iTunes and custom restore your device using (Shift+Click Restore on PC) or (Option+Click Restore) on Mac.
- Select the 5.1.1 firmware from where you downloaded it
- Wait for device to completely restore
- Move through the setup until you're at the HOME SCREEN (It will not update on the setup screen since your device has not been activated yet)
- Reopen up iTunes (Skip if you did not close iTunes in the first place)
- Custom UPDATE your device (Shift+Click Check for Update on PC) or (Option+Click Check for Update) on Mac
- Once everything is finished you can "Restore from Backup" to get all your previous settings and information back. This does NOT restore the firmware. For any future Beta updates, you can simply follow the instructions above.
The Black Swordsman 20:07, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or problems, post them on my message wall: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Kirito