There are many weapons, mostly swords, that have appeared in the series. Some of them are significant to the plot of some stories.
According to Kayaba Akihiko, there were about two to three thousand different weapons prepared for each weapon category in Sword Art Online. Eighty percent of these weapons were unique weapons with their own names.
These are the known weapons in the Sword Art Online series.
Sword Art OnlineEdit
- «Anneal Blade» - A one-handed straight sword that can be obtained as a reward from the «Secret Medicine of the Forest» quest. Kirito possessed an enhanced «Anneal Blade +6», which was later enhanced to an «Anneal Blade +8» in Progressive Volume 2.
- «Bronze Sword» - A weapon sold at Horunka Village.
- «Chivalric Rapier» - A rapier obtained by Asuna on the 3rd Floor. The rapier was forged from an Argentium Ingot by an NPC smith.
- «Dark Repulser» - White sword forged by Lisbeth for Kirito. It is equal if not better than the Elucidator. Also boosted to +40 by Lisbeth.
- «Elucidator» - A black sword wielded by Kirito. It was considered one of the few demonic swords that can be obtained through monster drops. It was boosted to +40 by Lisbeth.
- «Guilty Thorn» - A spear created by Grimlock.
- «Iron Rapier» - A store-bought rapier used by Asuna to solo dangerous dungeons.
- «Karakurenai» - A katana owned by Klein.
- «Lambent Light» - A rapier used by Asuna. Also boosted to +40 by Lisbeth.
- «Liberator» - A one-handed straight sword and kite shield owned by Heathcliff.
- «Pale Edge» - A scimitar used by Lind.
- «Plain Rapier» - An initial weapon for players.
- «Queen's Knightsword» - A one-handed straight sword that can be obtained as a reward for a quest on the 9th Floor. Kirito possessed a «Queen's Knightsword» after using the «Anneal Blade +6».
- «Small Sword» - An initial weapon for players.
- «Tyrant Dragon» - A heavily decorated two-handed straight sword owned by Kuradeel. Due to its low durability the sword can be easily broken.
- «Wind Fleuret» - A rare rapier used by Asuna early in SAO, replacing her initial sword. Asuna possessed an enhanced «Wind Fleuret +4». It was later nearly lost due to a malicious enhancing scheme, but was retrieved thanks to Kirito's efforts.
- Eating Knife - A thrusting weapon. Can cause around 2-3 points of damage.
- «Ebon Dagger»
- «Ground Gorge»
- «Mate Chopper» - PoH's weapon
- «Shadow Dagger»
- «Sword Breaker»
- «Throwing Pick»
- «Demonic Sword Gram» - Second strongest sword in «ALfheim Online». It has the ability to phase through objects once per strike. It is owned by General Eugene.
- «Fake Sword Caliburn» - A discarded, lesser version of Excalibur. The sword would have been the possible reward for the completion of the Beast God Slaughter quest.
- «Holy Sword Excalibur» - The strongest sword in «ALfheim Online», found in the deepest reaches of «Jötunheimr». It is owned by Kirito
- Kirito's black great sword - Refers to a large black sword used by Kirito during the Fairy Dance Arc.
- Kirito's black long sword - Refers to a sword made by Lisbeth that replaces Kirito's black great sword after the Fairy Dance arc.
- Kirito's blue long sword - Refers to a sword that was dropped by the 15th Floor boss of New Aincrad, and in possession of Kirito. It was the original second sword used for his Skill Connect.
- «Spirit Katana Kagutsuchi» - An Ancient-class katana that is located within a very hot dungeon, according to Kirito.
- «Crest of Yggdrasil» - A two-handed staff owned by Asuna. It was given to her after Kirito broke a branch from the World Tree. The staff's stats matches a legendary-class weapon.
- «Light Bow Shekinah» - A legendary weapon that Sinon wanted due to it having a longer range than the bow she used during the events of Calibur. She later acquired it before the events of chromatic colors.
- «Lightning Hammer Mjölnir» - A legendary hammer that is rewarded to players who decide to defeat Thrym with the help of Freyja. It was rewarded to Klein, who decided to give it to Lisbeth.
Gun Gale OnlineEdit
- «Accuracy International L115A3»
- «ArmaLite AR17»
- «Calico M900A»
- «FN Five-Seven»
- «FN SCAR»
- «GE M134 Minigun»
- «H&K G3A3»
- «H&K UMP»
- «Norinco CQ»
- «PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II»
- «Procyon SL»
- «SIG SG550»
- «Type 54 "Black Star"»
- «Kagemitsu G4» - A «Photon Sword», capable of intercepting bullets and is light weight. It costs 150,000 credits.
- Starship Metal Estoc - Refers to a weapon forged, using the crafting skill, from the metal of a starship. It is strong enough to deflect Kagemitsu G4 and overwhelm Kirito. It was owned by Sterben.
- «Blue Rose Sword» - A sword found in the cave of the white dragon, retrieved by Eugeo, and shared between him and Kirito, until he got a sword of his own.
- «Goblin Sword» - A sword taken from a goblin. According to Kirito, it is weak, small and poorly taken care of.
- «Night Sky Sword» - Kirito's personal black wooden sword that is made from a branch of the Gigas Cedar that received the most blessings from Solus and Terraria. Its power is on a similar level as Blue Rose Sword.
- «Heaven Piercing Sword» - a «Divine Instrument» slender sword used by Fanatio Synthesis Two.
- «Time Piercing Sword» - a «Divine Instrument» sword used by Bercouli Synthesis One.
- «Fragrant Olive Sword» - a «Divine Instrument» sword used by Alice Synthesis Thirty.
- «Silvery Eternity» - a «Divine Instrument» rapier used by Quinella. It is capable of shooting bolts of lightning.
- «Dragon Bone Axe» - An axe that Rulid Village, bought from the capital a few decades before Eugeo was born, to chop down the tree Gigas Cedar.
- «Conflagrant Flame Bow» a «Divine Instrument» bow used by Deusolbert Synthesis Seven.
- «Frost Scale Whip» - a «Divine Instrument» snake-like whip used by the Integrity Knight Eldrie Synthesis Thirty-one.
- ↑ Heathcliff's Q&A
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Volume 8, First Day
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Progressive Volume 2, Concerto of Black and White, Part 2
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Rondo of a Fragile Blade, Part 7
- ↑ A tweet by the author
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Material Edition 2
- ↑ Volume 8, Calibur, Part 3
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Volume 6, Chapter 10
- ↑ Volume 6, Chapter 14
- ↑ Volume 5, Chapter 7
- ↑ A tweet by the author.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Volume 5, Chapter 3
- ↑ Volume 6, Chapter 12