|Spoiler Alert: This wikia contains details about future plotlines described in the light novels. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
Welcome to Sword Art Online Wiki
This wiki covers the Sword Art Online light novels and related media.
Still continuing preperations for the new event that is pushed back to December (now we have an even clearer idea, but with RL as it is delays have occured). As always we remain the no.1 source of information for SAO, short of reading the novels, watching the anime, listening to the soundtrack and reading all the mangas.
A huge castle made of stone and steel floating in an endless sky. That was all this world was.
It took a vagarious group of craftsmen one month to survey the place; the diameter of the base floor was about 10 kilometers — large enough to fit the entirety of Setagaya-ku within. Above, there were 100 floors stacking straight upwards; its sheer size was unbelievable. It was impossible to even guess how much data it consisted of.
Inside, there were a couple of large cities along with countless small scale towns and villages, forests and plains, and even lakes. Only one stairway linked each floor to another, and the stairways existed in dungeons where large numbers of monsters roamed; so discovering and getting through was no easy matter. However, once someone made a breakthrough and arrived at a city of the upper floor, the «Teleport Gates» there and of every cities in the lower floors would be connected making it possible for anyone to move freely through these levels.
With these conditions, the huge castle had been steadily conquered for two years. The current front line is the 74th floor.
The name of the castle was «Aincrad», a world of battles with swords that continued floating and had engulfed approximately six thousand people. Otherwise known as...
A «Teleport Gate» (転移門, Ten'i-mon?) is a feature that allows fast travel between the floors of Aincrad. It is located at the central plaza of the main settlement on each floor. The Teleport Gate allows free teleportation to any other floor where a gate is activated. This happens after the player(s) who beat the boss of the previous floor's Labyrinth opens it.
In the world of Aincrad, Teleport Gates are the primary means of travel, as physically travelling from floor to floor via Labyrinth mazes is dangerous and time-consuming. The Teleport Gates are also present in New Aincrad and the Teleport Gate in New Aincrad's Starting City also connects to a gate in Yggdrasil City, allowing players to travel between the World Tree and New Aincrad.(Read More...)
Feel free to contribute to the wiki, just remember the following:
- Light Novels take precedence over other forms of media.
- Novels & Material Editions > Manga> Anime> Other
- For people who wants to upload images, please save them in .png format.
- Don't forget to add appropriate categories to any page you might be creating.
- Be articulate.
- Remember to use Template:Nihongo for names and terms.
- Always add a Character Infobox when creating Character pages.
- Iy you use content from other websites obtain permision, we don't want angry village people with torches.
- A page can only be linked once per article. The first mention should be linked to the said article. For example, the first mention of Kirito in an article should be linked, while the second mention of Kirito shouldn't be.
- For full list of SAO names see Official Naming, here is a common used name list
«Poll: Page Names»