|Spoiler Alert: This wikia contains details about future plotlines described in the light novels. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
- Kazuto is adopted by the Kirigaya family after his birth and his parents' apparent death.
- Konno Yuuki is born and infected with HIV, due to a bad batch of blood.
- Kazuto finds out about his parents' deaths from the deleted entry record he found on the internet.
- Asada Shino is involved in a fatal robbery in a post office.
- The NerveGear is created.
- The Sword Art Online Closed Beta is closed.
- Start of Sword Art Online Official Server Service.
- Kirito shows Klein the basics of the game.
- 17:30 Aincrad Standard Time - Kayaba Akihiko successfully traps 10,000 Players in the game. Of this 10,000, between 700-800 are beta testers.
- 213 people died because of family or friends of the players attempted to remove the NerveGear from their head.
- Kirito parts ways with Klein and heads to Horunka village.
- Kirito goes off to complete the «Secret Medicine of the Forest» quest. He meets Coper, another beta tester. Coper tries monster PK on Kirito only to end up dying himself. (Volume 8)
After November 6thEdit
- The guild Aincrad Liberation Force was started.
- Suguha finds out about Kazuto’s parents’ death and their actual relationship.
- 2000 people had died from playing Sword Art Online. Of this number, roughly 300 deaths were beta testers.
- The top class proto-front-lines group is barely level 10 on average.
- Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 1 (Aria in the Starless Night)
- Kirito meets Asuna.
- The First Floor Boss Strategy Meeting is held in the Town of Tolbana.
- Diabel's party finds the boss room
- The second First Floor Boss Strategy Meeting was held. Asuna temporarily joins Kirito's party.
- Asuna borrows Kirito's bathroom.
- 10:00 Aincrad Standard Time - The First Floor Boss Raid Group bands together.
- Kirito deals the Last Attack on Illfang the Kobold Lord. He gains the Coat of Midnight as a bonus.
- The term Beater was created.
- Progressive Volume 1 Intermission - Reason for the Whiskers.
- Kirito opens the teleport gate to the second floor. The first Town Opening is held.
- Kirito helps Argo out. He starts the acquisition quest for the Martial Arts Extra Skill.
- Kirito completes the acquisition quest for the Martial Arts Extra Skill.
- Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 2 (Rondo the Transient Sword)
- Asuna forces Kirito to help her hunt «Needle of Wind Wasp».
- Kirito is Level 13.
- The second floor boss is defeated.
- Gaiden - "Monochrome Concerto"
- Asuna and Kirito party together. With Kirito's help, Asuna defeats the Dark Elf.
- Creation of AmuSphere and ALfheim Online (ALO).
- Lead Group makes it through the 28th Floor, according to the Weekly Argo newspaper.
- Death of the Black Cats of the Full Moon.
- Kirito acquires the unique skill "Dual Blades".
- Suguha joins ALO.
- Kirito learns rumors of a rare item drop which can revive dead players from Argo. Kirito starts power leveling even more so than before in order to solo the event.
- Kirito defeats the event boss, Nicholas The Renegade and receive the rumored item drop, Divine Stone of Returning Soul, only just to be disappointed by its description.
- Kirito receives a Timer-Activated Message Record Crystal from Sachi.
- Front line is at 49th Floor.
- Birth of the red guild "Laughing Coffin" (January 2024, SAO).
- Kirito acquires the sword Elucidator from a rare drop.
- Volume 2 - "Black Swordsman".
- Front Line is at 55th Floor.
- ME1 - "The Progressers".
- 56th Floor Boss Strategy Meeting
- Duel between Asuna and Kirito; Kirito is Level 71.
- 57th Floor is reached
- Serious meeting between Asuna and Kirito.
- Volume 8 - "A Murder Case in the Area".
- Front Line is at 59th Floor.
- Volume 2 - "Warmth of the Heart".
- Kirito acquired the sword "Dark Repulser".
- Front Line is at 63rd Floor.
- Gaiden - "Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer ".
- Front Line is at 70th Floor.
- Coalition against "Laughing Coffin".
- 74th Floor of Aincrad reached.
- ME4 - "Cold Hand, Warm Heart".
- Volume 3 - Beginning of Prologue.
- Volumes 1, 2 - Prologue.
- Volume 1 - Chapter 1.
- Volume 1 - End of Chapter 4.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 5-12.
- The Fourteenth Autumn
- Silica and Kirito celebrate Silica's birthday on the 35th Floor. Kirito gives Silica the Ring of Angel's Whisper as a gift, but she never gets the chance to actually use it.
- Front liners actively begin exploring the 74th Floor.
- Kirito duels with Heathcliff and loses; Kirito joins the "Knights of the Blood ".
- Volume 1 - Chapter 13.
- Kirito wears Knights of the Blood's white uniform for the first time.
- Kirito tells Asuna about his past guild, Black Cats of The Full Moon, and his reason why he refuses to form a party or joining a guild with anyone since then.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 14-16.
- Kirito meets with Godfree and Kuradeel to train in the 55th Floor dungeon.
- Kuradeel kills Godfree during training, and reveals that he is actually member of Laughing Coffin .
- Kirito proposes marriage to Asuna in her house in Salemburg.
- Gaiden - Chapter 16.5.
- Kirito and Asuna request leave from the Knights of the Blood.
- "The Day Before": Kirito, Asuna and Argo took the "Wizard of Oz" side quest. After that, they get married on this day.
- Kirito and Asuna move into their new home on the 22nd Floor.
October 26th - 29th Edit
- ME6 - "Algade Showdown".
- Kirito and Asuna travel to Starting City with Yui; they encounter Sasha and the orphanage.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 17-19.
- Kirito and Asuna are approached by Yulier. They enter the dungeon under Black Iron Castle.
- Yui is erased by Cardinal, but not before Kirito saves the data.
- Kirito and Asuna leave Starting City and return to the 22nd Floor.
- Kirito meets Nishida.
- Kirito and Nishida successfully manage to fish the local fish god.
- Scout party of 20 people departs for the 75th Floor Bossroom. Half of them is wiped out.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 20-24.
- 10:00 AM: Kirito and Asuna report at Grandum
- 1:00 PM: Raid party departs for the 75th Floor Bossroom using a Corridor Crystal.
- ~2:20 PM: The Skull Reaper is defeated. About fourteen players became casualties of this boss battle.
- Kirito reveals Heathcliff's identity, which no less than Kayaba Akihiko himself.
- Heathcliff duels Kirito as the final boss of SAO.
- Asuna dies in the game.
- 2:55 PM: Kirito defeats Heathcliff; Sword Art Online is Cleared.
- ~3:00 PM: Around 6,000 remaining player are automatically disconnected, 300 of them (including Asuna) got transported to ALfheim Online instead of returning to the real world.
- SAO Deleted.
- Volume 1 - Chapter 25.
- End of Aincrad Arc.
- Volume 3 - End of Prologue.
- ME5 - "Salvia".
- Volume 3 - Chapter 1.
- Volume 3 and 4 - Chapters 2-5.
- "Excaliber" found.
- Volume 4 - Chapters 6, 7.
- Volume 4 - Chapter 8.
- Creation of "The World Seed".
- Sugou Nobuyuki Arrested.
- ALO Suspended.
- Kayaba Akihiko's whereabouts is known.
- SAO Survivors Reunion being held in Agil's Cafe.
- ALO Re-established under new moderators. The data of all old ALO and SAO players is transferred to New ALO.
- Gun Gale Online (GGO) Created.
- Volume 4 - Chapter 9.
- Establishment of New Aincrad inside of the New ALO.
- The first 10 Floors of New Aincrad are opened up for conquering (the Floor Bosses still need to be defeated to gain access to the Floors though).
- End of Fairy Dance Arc.
- Meeting between Shinkawa Kyouji and Asada Shino .
- Shino joined GGO.
- Shino acquired "PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II".
- 1st “Bullet of Bullets ”.
- 11th to 20th Floors of New Aincrad are opened up for conquering.
- 2nd “Bullet of Bullets”.
- Volume 5 - Chapters 1, 2.
- Volume 5 - Chapter 3.
- Volume 5 - Chapters 4-6.
- 3rd “Bullet of Bullets”.
- Volume 5 - Chapter 7.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 7.2.
- Volume 6 - Chapters 8-10.
- Volume 6 - Chapters 11.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 12.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 13.
- Volume 6 - Chapters 14, 15.
- The Shinkawa Brothers are arrested.
- Kanemoto Atsushi escapes.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 16.
- The Phantom Bullet meet their end.
- End of Phantom Bullet Arc.
- Sinon joined ALO.
- 21st Floor of New Aincrad unlocked.
- The boss of the 21st Floor of New Aincrad is defeated by the 7 member party of Asuna, Kirito, Klein, Agil, Lisbeth, Silica and Leafa and other parties.
- 22nd Floor of New Aincrad unlocked.
- Kirito and Asuna leave their previously rented home in Yggdrasil City and reacquire their old wooden house that they had bought on the original Aincrad on the 22nd Floor.
- Volume 8 - "Caliber".
- Kirito acquired the sword "Excaliber".
- Lisbeth acquired the hammer "Mjölnir".
- Silica Side Story: A Spot of Sunshine in the Winter
- 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th Floors of New Aincrad are unlocked prior to the events of Mother's Rosario
- Volume 7 begins.
- Asuna duels with «Absolute Sword» Yuuki.
- Asuna meets the members of the «Sleeping Knights»
- The boss of the 27th Floor of new Aincrad is defeated.
- Asuna meets Yuuki at the Yokohama North General Hospital
- ME3 - "Ceramic Heart".
- Beginning of Alicization Arc .
- Volume 9 - Alicization Beginning.
- Kazuto is attacked by "Johnny Black".
- Volume 10 - Alicization Running.
- Asuna contacts Rinko about Kirito having disappeared, and Kikuoka's possible involvement.
- Volume 12 - Alicization Rising.
- End of Alicization Arc.
- Gaiden - "Cradle of the Moon".
- Gaiden - "There is but one Ultimate way".
Due to the Fluctlight acceleration function of the Soul Translator, the time in Underworld passes at a much different rate than in real life (the FLA rate can be set anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 times the rate of the real world). Therefore, a different calender, called the Human World Calender (HWC), is used for events in Underworld. This calender only starts counting the time after Quinella created the Axiom Church though, so some events do take place before the HWC.
70 Before HWCEdit
- Underworld is created.
- 4 RATH employees log in and start raising 2 families of 8 Artificial Fluctlights each.
52 Before HWCEdit
- The Artificial Fluctlights reach the age of 18 and start families of their own.
- The 4 RATH employees log out one at a time under the guise of an "epidemic".
- Quinella is born.
- The Axiom Church is established.
- Rulid Village is founded.
- Quinella discovers the existence of a system command list in Underworld.
- Quinella increases her System Control Authority to the maximum and becomes the Administrator of the Human World.
- Quinella stops the natural degeneration of her maximum Life and greatly increases the value of her maximum Life.
- Quinella accidentally fuses the Cardinal System with her Fluctlight.
- Quinella experiments with a command that directly manipulates the Fluctlight of a person on captured Underworld residents.
- Quinella uses the Fluctlight altering command on herself and gets rid of her emotions.
- Quinella discovers the Fluctlight memory limit and that she is about to reach it.
- Quinella invites a nun to the top of the Central Cathedral and attempts to take control of her Fluctlight, to create a backup of her memories.
- Cardinal gains control of the nun's body and retreats to the Great Library Room.
- Quinella turns her research subjects into unconditionally loyal Integrity Knights.
- Cardinal sends out observers to look for collaborators to aid her in fighting against Quinella.
- Kirito first logs in into Underworld.
- Eugeo is born.
7th Month of the HWC, 372Edit
- Beginning of Prologue I
- Kirito, Eugeo and Alice venture to the cave at the Mountain Range at the Edge.
- Alice touches the soil of the Dark Territory.
- The next day, Deusolbert Synthesis Seven comes to Ruild Village and takes Alice away to the Central Cathedral.
- End of Prologue I
- In the following 2 days, Alice arrives at the Cathedral and goes through a «Synthesis Ritual», having her previous memories erased and becoming an Integrity Knight.
3rd Month of the HWC, 378Edit
- Beginning of Chapter 1
- Kirito wakes up in Underworld after being injected with Succinylcholine by Kanemoto Atsushi (Johnny Black).
- Kirito meets Eugeo for the first time after awakening in Underworld.
- Selka ventures into the cave at the Mountain Range at the Edge and is captured by goblins.
- Kirito and Eugeo catch up to Selka and fight the goblins. Eugeo is severely wounded but is healed with a «Life» transfer command.
- Alice somehow makes an appearance as a spirit and tells Kirito that she is waiting for him and Eugeo at the Central Cathedral.
- The Gigas Cedar is chopped down. Eugeo chooses his next Sacred Task to be a Swordsman.
- Kirito chops off a single branch of the Gigas Cedar.
- Kirito and Eugeo leave for Zakkaria .
- End of Chapter 1
3rd to 8th Month of the HWC, 378Edit
- Kirito and Eugeo reach Zakkaria and start working for a family of farmers.
8th Month of the HWC, 378Edit
28th Day of the 8th MonthEdit
- Beginning of Chapter 3
- The Zakkaria Sword Arts Tournament takes place.
- Kirito and Eugeo win the Tournament and become guards of Zakkaria.
- End of Chapter 3
3rd Month of the HWC, 379Edit
- Kirito and Eugeo reach Centoria.
7th Day of the 3rd MonthEdit
- Kirito and Eugeo visit Sadore's shop and give him the branch of the Gigas Cedar.
4th Month of the HWC, 379Edit
- Kirito and Eugeo successfully pass the Entrance Exams to the North Centoria Master Sword Academy as the 7th and 8th top ranked among all the new students, which means that they are given the privilege of becoming valets.
3rd Month of the HWC, 380Edit
6th Day of the 3rd MonthEdit
- Beginning of Chapter 4
- Kirito promises to show his Aincrad-style skills to his mentor, Sortiliena, as a graduation gift to her.
7th Day of the 3rd MonthEdit
- Kirito and Eugeo visit Sadore and claim the sword that he crafted over a year's time.
- Kirito stains Uolo's uniform while practicing his Sword Skills and is then ordered to spar with Uolo as punishment for this insult.
- Kirito spars with Uolo. Although Kirito manages hold out against Uolo and is even on the verge of winning, the match was halted by Azurika and claimed as a draw.
- A celebration of the match is held in Sortiliena's room.
8th Day of the 3rd MonthEdit
- Sortiliena defeats Uolo during the final graduations selection battle and graduates as the top ranked student of the North Centoria Master Sword Academy that year.
Last third of the 3rd MonthEdit
- Sortiliena Serlut and Uolo Levanteinn are defeated in the Empire Swordsmanship tournament by Eldrie Woolsburg. Eldrie becomes a representative of the Norlangarth North Empire in the Four Empires Unity Tournament.
- End of Chapter 4
- Kirito and Eugeo are placed in 5th and 6th place during the promotion examination at the end of the year and become elite swordsmen-in-training.
4th Month of the HWC, 380Edit
- New school year at the Master Sword Academy begins.
- Kirito and Eugeo are assigned valets of their own, Ronye and Tieze.
5th Month of the HWC, 380Edit
17th Day of the 5th MonthEdit
- Interlude III
- End of Interlude III
- Beginning of Chapter 5
- Eugeo spars with Humbert. The match is declared a draw.
20th Day of the 5th MonthEdit
- Eugeo and Kirito go on a picnic with their valets, Tieze and Ronye.
- Eugeo and Kitito confront Humbert for mistreating his valet, Frenica.
22nd Day of the 5th MonthEdit
- Tieze and Ronye confront Humbert and Raios and "insult" them.
- Humbert and Raios attempt to "punish" the girls.
- Eugeo breaks the «Seal of his right eye» and attacks Humbert, cutting off his arm.
- Kirito attacks Raios to protect Eugeo. Both Raios' hands are cut off with «Whirl Current».
- Raios dies due to his Fluctlight breaking down.
23rd Day of the 5th MonthEdit
- Eugeo and Kirito are arrested by Alice Synthesis Thirty.
- End of Chapter 5
- Kirito and Eugeo are thrown into the Central Cathedral prison.
24th Day of the 5th MonthEdit
- Beginning of Chapter 6
- Kirito and Eugeo escape from the Central Cathedral prison.
- The two encounter Integrity Knight Eldrie Synthesis Thirty and battle with him. The battle is interrupted after the two boys start reminding Eldrie of his past life and Deusolbert Synthesis Seven interferes.
- Cardinal rescues the boys by leading them to the Great Library Room.
- End of Chapter 6
- Beginning of Chapter 7