|This article is missing some information.|
You can help by adopting it and adding the missing information.
|Missing Information: References|
| Page Adopted By: Gsimenas, Ethrundr|
Please contact these people before making any major (non-grammar, typo correction etc.) edits on this article.
|Spoiler Alert: This wikia contains details about future plotlines described in the light novels. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
The Sword Art Online Timeline lists the known time and date of all the events that have occurred in the Sword Art Online series in chronological order. 10 years need to be added to the events whose date and time can only be sourced from the web version of SAO to maintain consistency.
After October 7th
- Kazuto is adopted by the Kirigaya family after his birth and his parents' apparent death.
End of the year
- Shino's family encountered a traffic accident, due to which her father passed away.
- Kirigaya Kazuto gives up on Kendo.
- Kazuto planted Salvia on a countryside land.
- Kazuto finds out about his parents' deaths from the deleted entry record he found on the Internet.
- Asada Shino is involved in a fatal robbery in a post office.
- The NerveGear is announced.
- Japanese Self-Defense Force and U.S. Army start developing training software utilizing the NerveGear together.
- The Sword Art Online Closed Beta is closed.
- People start queuing up at stores for the release of Sword Art Online.
- Sword Art Online sales in stores begin.
- 13:00 JST: Start of Sword Art Online Official Server Service.
- All players are Level 1.
- Kirito shows Klein the basics of the game.
- After 17:30 - 18:00 Aincrad Standard Time - Kayaba Akihiko successfully traps nearly 10,000 Players in the game. Of this 10,000, between 700-800 are beta testers. 213 people died because their family or friends attempted to remove the NerveGear from their head.
- Kirito parts ways with Klein and heads to Horunka village.
- 18:15 Aincrad Standard Time: Beginning of "The First Day"
- 19:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito goes off to complete the «Secret Medicine of the Forest» quest.
- Kirito meets Coper, another beta tester and both agree to help each other complete the «Secret Medicine of the Forest» quest.
- ~20:30 Aincrad Standard Time: First in-game death in Sword Art Online occurred. The player, Arvin, attempted to test the theory that he would regain consciousness after being disconnected from the server by jumping off from Aincrad.
- ~20:30-21:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Coper tries a monster PK on Kirito only to end up dying himself.[N 2]
- 21:00 Kirito returns to Horunka village, finishes the quest and obtains an Anneal Blade. Kirito reached Level 4 with the completion of the quest..
- End of "The First Day"
- SAO Case Victims Rescue Force established. Kikuoka Seijirou joined it.
- Suguha finds out about Kazuto’s parents’ death and their actual relationship.
- About 2,000 people had died while playing Sword Art Online. Of this number, roughly 300 deaths were beta testers.
- The top class proto-front-lines group is barely level 10 on average.
- Beginning of Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 1 (Aria in the Starless Night)
- Kirito meets Asuna. 
- 04:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Asuna loses consciousness in the 1st Floor Labyrinth due to fatigue.
- 16:00 Aincrad Standard Time: The First Floor Boss Strategy Meeting is held in Tolbana.
- Afternoon: Diavel's party finds the boss room.
- Before 17:30 - Aincrad Standard Time - The second First Floor Boss Strategy Meeting was held. Asuna temporarily joins Kirito's party.
- Asuna borrows Kirito's bathroom.
- Night - Asuna obtained Wind Fleuret from a monster drop.
- 10:00 Aincrad Standard Time: The First Floor Boss Raid Group bands together.
- 12:40 Aincrad Standard Time: First Floor Boss fight begins.
- Kirito deals the Last Attack on Illfang the Kobold Lord. He gains the Coat of Midnight as a bonus.
- The term "Beater" was created.
- End of Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1 - Aria in the Starless Night.
- Beginning of Progressive Volume 1 Intermission - Reason for the Whiskers. .
- Kirito opens the teleport gate to the second floor. The first Town Opening is held.[N 3]
- Kirito helps Argo out. He starts the acquisition quest for the Martial Arts Extra Skill.
- Kirito completes the acquisition quest for the Martial Arts Extra Skill.
- End of Progressive Volume 1 Intermission - Reason for the Whiskers..
- Beginning of Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 2 (Rondo the Transient Sword).
- Kirito is Level 13.
- 15:00 Aincrad Standard Time: A certain player consecutively failed to strengthen his Anneal Blade four times at Nezha's Smith Shop.
- Asuna persuades Kirito to help her hunt «Needle of Wind Wasp».
- 19:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito and Asuna go to eat a Tremble Shortcake together, with the expenses paid by Kirito due to him losing their challenge to kill 50 Wind Wasps first.
- After 19:30 Aincrad Standard Time: Asuna's Wind Fleuret appeared to have vanished, seemingly because of a failure in strengthening.
- 20:28 Aincrad Standard Time: Asuna got her Wind Fleuret +4 back.
- Morning - The only Field Boss on the 2nd Floor, The Bullbous Bow defeated
- Kirito is Level 14, Asuna is Level 12.
- Kirito and Asuna meet Argo in a pub.
Spoiler Alert! The following pertains to Untranslated, or Non-Released Content!
- Near 20:00 - Kirito resolved the method used by Nezha to do the Enhancement scam, and he let Nezha give up his one-handed weapon production skill to acquire the Martial Art skill.
- The second floor boss is defeated.
- Monochrome Concerto takes place.
- Asuna and Kirito party together. With Kirito and Asuna's help, the Dark Elf Kizmel defeats the Forest Elf.
Spoiler Alert! The following pertains to Untranslated, or Non-Released Content!
- Dawn - Asuna melts her Wind Fleuret +5 into an Argentium Ingot, then uses it to make her new rapier, the Chivalric Rapier.
- Kirito Level 15, Asuna Level 14
- 17:00 - The first clearing meeting for the 3rd Floor takes place.
- Kirito is Level 16, Asuna - Level 15, Kizmel - Level 16
- 17:00 - The last clearing meeting for the 3rd Floor takes place.
- 13:12 - The 3rd Floor Boss, Nerius The Evil Treant, is cleared.
- Argus disbanded, RECTO Progress Inc. takes over SAO server management. 
- Konno Yuuki begins using the Medicuboid.
- 22nd Floor Boss was cleared within 3 days of the 21st Floor being cleared.
- On the day the 22nd Floor Boss was cleared, Kirito's Level was less than 40.
- The battle versus the 25th Floor Labyrinth's Boss[N 4].
- Over half of the Aincrad Liberation Squad members are annihilated. The ALS leaves the front lines and merges with MMO Today on the 1st Floor[N 4]
- The "Knights of the Blood" are formed and debut in the 26th Floor's boss clearing meeting[N 4].
- Asuna joins the Knights of the Blood[N 4].
- Volume 2 - "The Red-Nosed Reindeer" begins. 
- Kirito joins the guild "Moonlit Black Cats".
- Kirito is Level 40.
- Lead Group makes it through the 28th Floor.
- Front line at the 30th Floor[N 5]
- ~5:45PM: Death of the "Moonlit Black Cats" members, aside from Kirito[N 5].
- ALfheim Online (ALO) created.
- Kirito learns rumors of a rare item drop which can revive dead players from Argo. Kirito starts power leveling even more so than before in order to solo the event.
- Kirito reached Level 69.
- ~00:00 - 03:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito defeats the event boss, Nicholas The Renegade and receives the rumored revival item, the Divine Stone of Returning Soul, only to be disappointed by its description.[N 2][N 7]
- 07:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito receives a Timer-Activated Message Record Crystal from Sachi.[N 2][N 7]
- End of "Red-nosed Reindeer"
- The Silver Flags guild is attacked by the members of the Titan's Hand. 4 members of the guild are killed by the orange guild and only the leader managed to survive.
- Front Line is at 55th Floor.
- Beginning of "The Black Swordsman".
- Silica gets lost in the Forest of Wandering after splitting from her party. Her partner Pina dies in battle, but she is saved by Kirito who found her by chance.
- Silica and Kirito come to the 47th Floor and acquire the Pneuma Flower.
- The Titan's Hand guild's members are arrested and sent to the prison in the Black Iron Palace.
- Pina is revived.
- Kirito is level 78.
- End of "The Black Swordsman".
- Beginning of ME1 - "The Progressers".[N 8]
- 56th Field Boss Strategy Meeting
- Duel between Asuna and Kirito.
- Front Line is at the 59th Floor. 
- Volume 8 - "A Murder Case in the Area" begins.[N 9]
- Asuna falls asleep in Danac and Kirito ends up guarding her for most of the day. [N 9]
- 18:27: Caynz fakes his death. [N 9]
- Kirito just above Level 80.
- Kirito arrives at Lisbeth's shop and requests a custom sword to be made.
- Kirito and Lisbeth fall down into the X'rphan the White Wyrm's lair.
- "Warmth of the Body" takes place(non-canon).
- Kirito and Lisbeth acquire the Crystallite Ingot that they were looking for and escape the dragon's lair.
- Kirito acquired the sword "Dark Repulser".
- End of Warmth of the Heart
- "Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer" takes place.
- Front Line is at 70th Floor.
- Coalition against "Laughing Coffin".
- ME4 - "Cold Hand, Warm Heart".
- Volume 3 - Beginning of Prologue.
- Volume 1, 2 - Prologue.
- Volume 1 - Chapter 1.
- Volume 1 - End of Chapter 4.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 5-12.
- Asuna and Lisbeth take a bath together in an open-air bath located outside the AREA, with Kirito guarding the two from monsters.
- The boss of the 73rd Floor was defeated a couple days prior to the events of The Fourteenth Autumn.
- Beginning of "The Fourteenth Autumn"
- Silica and Kirito celebrate Silica's birthday on the 35th Floor. Kirito gives Silica the Ring of Angel's Whisper as a gift, but she never gets the chance to actually use it.
- End of "The Fourteenth Autumn"
- Front liners actively begin exploring the 74th Floor.
- Kirito obtained Ragout Rabbit 
- Kirito visits Asuna's home on the 61st Floor for the first time and Asuna cooked the Ragout Rabbit's Meat he had acquired. 
- ~9:10 Aincrad Standard Time: Kuradeel challenges Kirito to a duel.
- 15:00 Kirito and Asuna take a break to eat lunch in the Labyrinth.
- Kirito uses his Dual Blades in public for the first time.
- The Gleam Eyes is defeated; 75th Floor of Aincrad is reached.
- Volume 1- Chapter 12.
- Kirito duels with Heathcliff and loses. Kirito joins the "Knights of the Blood ".
- Volume 1 - Chapter 13.
- Kirito wears Knights of the Blood's white uniform for the first time.
- Kirito tells Asuna about his past guild, "Moonlit Black Cats", and his reason why he refuses to form a party or joining a guild with anyone since then.
- Argo ended up being trapped in a flying log house after accepting the «Witch of the West and the Three Treasures» quest without bringing Toto with her. 
- Volume 1 - Chapters 14-16.
- Kirito meets with Godfree and Kuradeel to train in the 55th Floor Labyrinth. 
- Kuradeel kills Godfree during training, and reveals that he is actually a member of "Laughing Coffin". Asuna arrives to save Kirito, but as she is about to deal the finishing blow, she had a moment of hesitation which Kuradeel used to disarm her. Kirito then rushes in and kills Kuradeel.
- 21:00 Kirito proposes marriage to Asuna in her house in Selmburg.
- Chapter 16.5 takes place. (non-canon) 
- Kirito and Asuna request leave from the "Knights of the Blood".
- "The Day Before" takes place: Kirito, Asuna and Argo took the "Wizard of Oz" side quest. After that, they get married on this day. 
- Sword Art Online Material Edition 10 (16.6) takes place.
- 17:19 Kirito and Asuna get married.
- Sword Art Online Material Edition 11 (16.7) takes place.
- Kirito and Asuna move into their new home on the 22nd Floor. 
October 26th - 29th
- ME6 - "Algade Showdown".
- Kirito and Asuna travel to the Starting City with Yui; they encounter Sasha and the orphanage.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 17-19.
- Kirito and Asuna are approached by Yulier. They enter the dungeon under Black Iron Palace. 
- Yui used the «Object Eraser» GM feature to delete the The Fatal Scythe.
- Yui is erased by Cardinal, but Kirito manages to extract her core file to his NerveGear's local memory.
- Kirito and Asuna leave the Starting City and return to the 22nd Floor.
November 3rd-November 5th
- Kirito and Nishida successfully manage to fish the local fish god.
- Scout party of 20 people departs for the 75th Floor boss room. Half of the party is wiped out.
- Volume 1 - Chapters 20-24.
- 10:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito and Asuna report at Granzam
- 13:00 Aincrad Standard time: Raid party departs for the 75th Floor boss room using a Corridor Crystal.
- ~14:20 Aincrad Standard Time: The Skull Reaper is defeated. About fourteen players became casualties of this boss battle.
- Kirito reveals Heathcliff's identity, which no less than Kayaba Akihiko himself.
- Heathcliff duels Kirito as the final boss of SAO.
- Asuna dies in the game.
- Beginning of "The Final Promise". 
- 14:55 Aincrad Standard Time: Kirito defeats Heathcliff; Sword Art Online is Cleared.
- ~15:00 Aincrad Standard Time: Around 6,000 remaining players are automatically disconnected, 300 of them (including Asuna) got transported to ALfheim Online instead of returning to the real world.
- Keiko wakes up in her hospital room.
- Ending of "The Final Promise".
- Kirito wakes up in his hospital room.
- SAO Deleted.
- Kayaba Akihiko commits suicide by scanning his brain with a modified FullDive machine (a Soul Translator (STL) prototype) and is successful in transferring his scanned conscience onto the Internet. 
- Volume 1 - Chapter 25.
- End of Aincrad Arc.
- Volume 3 - End of Prologue.
- Creation of "The World Seed"
- Beginning of Volume 3 - Chapter 1.
- Kazuto visits Asuna at the hospital and meets Sugou Nobuyuki. During their conversation, he finds out about Nobuyuki's plan to get married to Asuna.
- Kazuto finds out about ALheim Online from Andrew and finds out about the picture of Asuna taken at the World Tree.
- End of Volume 3 - Chapter 1.
- Beginning of Volume 3 - Chapter 2.
- Noon - Kirito enters ALO, meets Leafa and helps her defeat several Salamanders. At Swilvane, they decide to meet up the next day for a journey to the World Tree.
- End of Volume 3 - Chapter 2.
- Volume 3 - Chapter 3-4.
- Kirito and Leafa departed from Swilvane, and were attacked near the city of Legrue by 12 Salamanders.
- Kirito stopped the Salamanders from attacking the Sylph and Cait Sith meeting.
- ~02:00 JST: Kirito and Leafa accidentally entered Jötunheimr and encountered a beast-type Evil God, Tonkii.[N 7][N 11]
- ~03:00 - 04:00 JST: "Holy Sword Excaliber" found.[N 7][N 11]
- ~04:00 JST: Kirito and Leafa arrive at Alne[N 7][N 11]
- After 15:00 JST: Kirito received an admin card from Asuna and then challenged the Grand Quest on his own for the first time.[N 11][N 7]
- Kirito and Leafa recognize each other's real life identity.
- "Battle" between Kirito and Leafa
- Kirito reached top of the World Tree with the help of Leafa, Recon, Cait Sith and Sylph. At the top of the tree he met Asuna and fought against Oberon.
- Kirito obtained The Seed.
- Sugou Nobuyuki attacked Kirigaya Kazuto in the car park outside Asuna's hospital,
- The Seed package became available to the public for free
- Kayaba Akihiko's hiding location is discovered.
- Kazuto met Koujiro Rinko after asking her for a meeting to find out more about Akihiko.
- SAO Survivor School's first school year begins.
- ALO Re-established under new moderators. The data of all old ALO and SAO players is transferred to New ALO.
- Gun Gale Online (GGO) Created.
- Main events and ending of The Celeste Fairy 
- 00:00 Establishment of New Aincrad inside of the New ALO.
- The first 10 Floors of New Aincrad are opened up for conquering (the Floor Bosses still need to be defeated to gain access to the Floors though).
- End of Fairy Dance Arc.
- Meeting between Shinkawa Kyouji and Asada Shino.
- Shino joined GGO.
- Beginning of "The Day After".
- ~4:00 PM: The boss battle of the 8th Floor of New Aincrad begins.
- ~5:00 PM: The boss raiding party is wiped out.
- The clearers attempt another raid on Wadjet the Flaming Serpent. Before the battle, Kirito changes his hairstyle from his previously spiky hair to his SAO day style.
- End of The Day After
- 1st "Bullet of Bullets".
- 11th to 20th Floors of New Aincrad are opened up for conquering.
- Sinon acquired her "PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II".
- Beginning of Volume 5 - Prologue.
- 23:30:02 - 23:30:15 JST: "Death Gun" murders Shigemura Tamotsu (Zekushiido).
- End of Volume 5 - Prologue.
- Shigemura Tamotsu's body is found.
- 22:10:04 JST: "Death Gun" murders Usujio Tarako.
- Usujio Tarako's body is found.
- Volume 5 - Chapters 1, 2.
- Kazuto meets up with Kikuoka Seijirou, who asks him to investigate a case in Gun Gale Online.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 7.2.
- Volume 6 - Chapters 8-9.
- 20:00 JST: Beginning of the 3rd Bullet of Bullets
- Volume 6 - Chapter 10.
- 20:40-20:44 JST: "Death Gun" murders Pale Rider.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 11.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 12.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 13.
- Volume 6 - Chapter 14.
- 22:04:37 JST: End of the 3rd Bullet of Bullets.
- The Shinkawa Brothers are arrested.
- Kanemoto Atsushi escapes.
- 21st Floor of New Aincrad unlocked.
- The boss of the 21st Floor of New Aincrad is defeated by the 7 member party of Asuna, Kirito, Klein, Agil, Lisbeth, Silica and Leafa and other parties.
- 22nd Floor of New Aincrad unlocked.
- Kirito and Asuna leave their previously rented home in Yggdrasil City and reacquire their old wooden house that they had bought on the original Aincrad on the 22nd Floor.
- Volume 8 - "Caliber".
- Klein saved Freyja (Thor).
- Kirito acquired the "Holy Sword Excaliber".
- Klein acquired the "Thunder Hammer Mjölnir" and gave it to Lisbeth.
- Silica Side Story: "A Spot of Sunshine in the Winter".
- 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th Floors of New Aincrad are unlocked prior to the events of Mother's Rosario.
- Asuna duels with «Absolute Sword» Yuuki.
- Asuna meets the members of the «Sleeping Knights»
- The boss of the 27th Floor of new Aincrad is defeated.
- Asuna meets Yuuki at the Yokohama North General Hospital
- Yuuki spends the first day at the SAO survivor school with Asuna.
- Yuuki and Asuna visit Yuuki's old house.
- Asuna shows her mother the forest around her house in New Aincrad and, the next day, she gets permission to continue her studies in the SAO survivor school, under the condition that she keeps her grades up.
- Asuna holds a barbecue at her house in the forest, with 30 players participating. The 30 players, having built up enthusiasm over the party, rush up to the 28th Floor's boss room and defeat the boss.
- Asuna and the Sleeping Knights defeat the 29th Floor Boss of New Aincrad.
- United dueling tournament in ALfheim Online. Yuuki wins first place, while Kirito comes second.
- Asuna, Rika, Keiko and Suguha go on a 3 day and 2 night trip to the Yuuki family home in Kyoto, with Yuuki and her guild members using the Bidirectional Communication Probe to enjoy the sights as well.
Last Sunday of March[N 12]
- Yuuki passes away.
First Saturday of April[N 13]
- Publication of "All Records of SAO Incident".
- ME3 - "Ceramic Heart".
- Sinon obtained second place in 4th BoB.
- Beginning of Alicization Arc.
- Volume 9 - Alicization Beginning.
- Kirito's dive into Underworld for 3 days as part of his part-time job.
- 361-372 HWC
- Kazuto is attacked by "Johnny Black".
- ~13:45 JST: Kazuto transported away from Setagaya General Hospital.
- Volume 10 - Alicization Running.
- Asuna contacts Rinko about Kazuto having disappeared, and Kikuoka's possible involvement.
- Volume 12 - Alicization Rising.
- Volume 13 - Alicization Dividing.
- 07:15 - The Destroyer DD-127 Nagato drives away from the Ocean Turtle.
- "Cradle of the Moon" takes place.
- End of Alicization Arc.
- "There is But One Ultimate Way" takes place. (non-canon)
End of Year
- 5th "Bullet of Bullets".
Due to the Fluctlight acceleration function of the Soul Translator, the time in Underworld passes at a much different rate than in real life (the FLA rate can be set anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 times the rate of the real world). Therefore, a different calender, called the Human World Calendar (HWC), is used for events in Underworld. This calender only starts counting the time about 30 years after Quinella created the Axiom Church though, so some events do take place before the HWC.
70 Before HWC
- Underworld is created.
- 4 Rath employees log in and start raising 2 families of 8 Artificial Fluctlights each.
52 Before HWC
- The Artificial Fluctlights reach the age of 18 and start families of their own.
- The 4 Rath employees log out one at a time under the guise of an "epidemic" .
- Quinella is born .
- The Axiom Church is established .
- Quinella discovers the existence of a system command list in Underworld.
- Quinella increases her System Control Authority to the maximum and becomes the Administrator of the Human World.
- Quinella stops the natural degeneration of her maximum Life and greatly increases the value of her maximum Life.
- Quinella accidentally fuses the Cardinal System with her Fluctlight.
- Quinella experiments with a command that directly manipulates the Fluctlight of a person on captured Underworld residents.
- Quinella uses the Fluctlight altering command on herself and gets rid of her emotions.
- Quinella discovers the Fluctlight memory limit and that she is about to reach it.
- Quinella invites a nun to the top of the Central Cathedral and attempts to take control of her Fluctlight, to create a backup of her memories.
- Cardinal gains control of the nun's body and retreats to the Great Library Room.
- Quinella turns her research subjects into unconditionally loyal Integrity Knights.
- Cardinal sends out observers to look for collaborators to aid her in fighting against Quinella.
7th Month of the HWC, 372
- Beginning of Prologue I
- Kirito, Eugeo and Alice venture to the cave at the Mountain Range at the Edge.
- Alice touches the soil of the Dark Territory.
- The next day, Deusolbert Synthesis Seven comes to Ruild Village and takes Alice away to the Central Cathedral.
- End of Prologue I
- In the following 2 days, Alice arrives at the Cathedral and goes through a «Synthesis Ritual», having her previous memories erased and becoming an Integrity Knight.
3rd Month of the HWC, 378
- Beginning of Chapter 1
- Kirito wakes up in Underworld after being injected with Succinylcholine by Kanemoto Atsushi (Johnny Black).
- Kirito meets Eugeo for the first time after awakening in Underworld.
- Selka ventures into the cave at the Mountain Range at the Edge and is captured by goblins.
- Kirito and Eugeo catch up to Selka and fight the goblins. Eugeo is severely wounded but is healed with a «Life» transfer command.
- Alice somehow makes an appearance as a spirit and tells Kirito that she is waiting for him and Eugeo at the Central Cathedral.
- The Gigas Cedar is chopped down. Eugeo chooses his next Sacred Task to be a Swordsman.
- Kirito chops off a single branch of the Gigas Cedar.
- Kirito and Eugeo leave for Zakkaria.
- End of Chapter 1
3rd to 8th Month of the HWC, 378
- Kirito and Eugeo reach Zakkaria and start working for a family of farmers.
8th Month of the HWC, 378
28th Day of the 8th Month
- Beginning of Chapter 3
- The Zakkaria Sword Arts Tournament takes place.
- Kirito and Eugeo win the Tournament and become guards of Zakkaria.
- End of Chapter 3
3rd Month of the HWC, 379
7th Day of the 3rd Month
4th Month of the HWC, 379
- Kirito and Eugeo successfully pass the Entrance Exams to the North Centoria Imperial Sword Mastery Academy as the 7th and 8th top ranked among all the new students, which means that they are given the privilege of becoming valets.
3rd Month of the HWC, 380
6th Day of the 3rd Month
- Beginning of Chapter 4
- Kirito promises to show his Aincrad-style skills to his mentor, Sortiliena, as a graduation gift to her.
7th Day of the 3rd Month
- Kirito and Eugeo visit Sadore and claim the sword that he crafted over a year's time.
- Kirito stains Uolo's uniform while practicing his Sword Skills and is then ordered to spar with Uolo as punishment for this insult.
- Kirito spars with Uolo. Although Kirito manages hold out against Uolo and is even on the verge of winning, the match was halted by Azurika and claimed as a draw.
- A celebration of the match is held in Sortiliena's room.
8th Day of the 3rd Month
- Sortiliena defeats Uolo during the final graduations selection battle and graduates as the top ranked student of the North Centoria Imperial Sword Mastery Academy that year.
Last third of the 3rd Month
- Sortiliena Serlut and Uolo Levanteinn are defeated in the Empire Swordsmanship tournament by Eldrie Woolsburg. Eldrie becomes a representative of the Norlangarth North Empire in the Four Empires Unity Tournament.
- End of Chapter 4
- Kirito and Eugeo are placed in 5th and 6th place during the promotion examination at the end of the year and become elite swordsmen-in-training.
4th Month of the HWC, 380
- New school year at the Sword Mastery Academy begins.
- Kirito and Eugeo are assigned valets of their own, Ronye and Tieze.
5th Month of the HWC, 380
17th Day of the 5th Month
- Interlude III
- End of Interlude III
- Beginning of Chapter 5
- Eugeo spars with Humbert. The match is declared a draw.
20th Day of the 5th Month
- Eugeo and Kirito go on a picnic with their valets, Tieze and Ronye.
- Eugeo and Kitito confront Humbert for mistreating his valet, Frenica..
22nd Day of the 5th Month
- Tieze and Ronye confront Humbert and Raios and "insult" them.
- Humbert and Raios attempt to "punish" the girls.
- Eugeo breaks the «Seal of his right eye» and attacks Humbert, cutting off his arm.
- Kirito attacks Raios to protect Eugeo. Both Raios' hands are cut off with «Whirl Current».
- Raios dies due to his Fluctlight breaking down.
23rd Day of the 5th Month
- ~09:00 Eugeo and Kirito are arrested by Alice Synthesis Thirty.
- End of Chapter 5
- ~12:00 : Kirito and Eugeo are thrown into the Central Cathedral prison.[N 7][N 2]
24th Day of the 5th Month
- Beginning of Chapter 6
- ~03:00 : Kirito and Eugeo escape from the Central Cathedral prison.
- The two encounter Integrity Knight Eldrie Synthesis Thirty-one and battle with him. The battle is interrupted after the two boys start reminding Eldrie of his past life and Deusolbert Synthesis Seven interferes.
- ~06:00 : Cardinal rescues the boys by leading them to the Great Library Room.
- End of Chapter 6
- Beginning of Chapter 7
- ~09:00 : Kirito and Eugeo leave the Great Library Room and arrive on the 3rd floor of the Central Cathedral.
- End of Chapter 7
- Beginning of Chapter 8
- Kirito and Eugeo defeat Deusolbert synthesis Seven.
- ~11:00-12:00 : Kirito and Eugeo meet Fizel and Linel, who attempt to paralyze the intruders with poison.
- Kirito and Eugeo defeat Fanatio Synthesis Two, as well as her 4 accompanying Knights, in battle. Fanatio is mortally wounded and Kirito uses one of Cardinal's daggers to have Cardinal save the dying Knight.
- Kirito and Eugeo encounter Alice Synthesis Thirty on the 80th floor of the Central Cathedral. During the battle, Kirito and Alice fall out of the Cathedral after accidentally breaking its wall during their battle.
- End of Chapter 8
- Beginning of Chapter 9 and 10
- ~15:00 Kirito manages to stop his and Alice's descent by stabbing his sword into a gap in the wall. They soon start ascending the cathedral using pitons generated via Sacred Arts and ascend to where the eighty-fifth floor is located by nightfall.[N 14]
- Kirito and Alice encounter gargoyles guarding the walls of the cathedral and, after defeating them, take shelter on a gargoyle terrace.
- End of Chapter 9[N 14]
- Eugeo fights with Bercouli Synthesis One. At the end of the battle, Eugeo released his sword's recollections, freezing Bercouli in place.[N 14]
- Chief Elder Chudelkin casts a Sacred Art that "deep freezes" Bercouli. Chudelkin then seizes Eugeo.[N 14]
- End of Chapter 10
- Beginning of Chapter 11
- 20:00-21:00 : Alice overcame her «Seal of the Right Eye».
25th Day of the 5th Month
- Just after 00:00 : Eugeo is tempted by Quinella and removes his "Core Protection"
- End of Chapter 11
Spoiler Alert! The following pertains to Untranslated, or Non-Released Content!
2nd Month of the HWC, 383
17th Day of the 2nd Month
Spoiler Alert! The following pertains to Untranslated, or Non-Released Content!
- Kirito's public demonstration/trial of Mechanical Dragon.
- Kirito damaged Central Cathedral for the second time.
18th Day of the 2nd Month
- ↑ While some places indicated the date Nov. 5, that's for store-front sales, so this date is probably the sale over the Internet.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Date reference
- ↑ 40 minutes after the First Floor was cleared.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Contradictory, as the average clearing speed between 3rd and 25th Floor does not match with the description saying clearing time taken for 22th Floor is much less then other neighboring Floors.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 In the anime, this date was changed to June 12th, 2023.
- ↑ In anime it was April 2024 from atwiki
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Time reference
- ↑ In the story, Kirito is Level 71, Asuna is Level 70, Klein is Level 67. However, it contradicts with The Black Swordsman side story, where Kirito is level 78, while the story takes place a couple of weeks before this story takes place.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 In the anime, this date was changed to April 11th, 2024
- ↑ In the anime, this date was changed to April 12th, 2024
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Relative date reference.
- ↑ 29th March according to calendar
- ↑ 4th April according to calendar
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Order unknown
- ↑ Kawahara-Sensei's Twitter message.
- ↑ Kawahara-Sensei's Twitter message.
- ↑ Volume 7, Chapter 8
- ↑ 15 years before the events of volume 5, chapter 4.
- ↑ Suguha claimed that Kazuto only had experience in bamboo sword when he is 7-8
- ↑ 7-8 years before the events of ME 5 - Salvia.
- ↑ When Kazuto was 10 years old, according to Volume 3, Prologue
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 5 years before 2026, Volume 10, Chapter 2, Part 2
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Volume 1, Chapter 2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 The First Day
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 14
- ↑ Progressive Manga Chapter 1
- ↑ Episode 1
- ↑ Players had been in queue for 4 days before Sword Art Online's offline sales officially began.
- ↑ The game's offline sales began the day before the official service.
- ↑ Data from closed beta would be deleted
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Volume 1, Chapter 3
- ↑ The tutorial ended 3 hours before Kirito returned to Horunka to receive the reward for his quest.
- ↑ Sword Art Online - Aincrad Volume 01 Chapter 2 Page 26
- ↑ It was said in Volume 1, Chapter 4 that it happened approximately 3 hours after the death game started.
- ↑ First death was recorded at around 20:30 Aincrad Standard Time (wasn't Coper's death, so it had to be after this time), while Kirito returned to Horunka by 9 PM., according to The First Day.
- ↑ One month into the game, according to Volume 1, chapter 4.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 1, Part 2
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 4.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 6.
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 9.
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 7
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 11.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 29.3 29.4 Progressive Volume 1, Intermission - Reason for the Whiskers.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Kirito spent 3 days and 3 nights to finish the quest, according to Progressive Volume 1, Intermission
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3 31.4 31.5 31.6 31.7 31.8 Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 2
- ↑ Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 2, Part 10
- ↑ 39 Days after the game started, according to Progressive Volume 2, page 133, and additionally web mc part 14
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 web monochrome concerto part 31, 6 days before 2022-12-21
- ↑ web monochrome concerto part 26
- ↑ web monochrome concerto part 32
- ↑ Progressive Volume 2, page 361
- ↑ web monochrome concerto part 52
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 17
- ↑ 1.5 years before The Day Before (October 24, 2024)
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 41.2 41.3 The Day Before Part 2
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 Episode 3
- ↑ Created 6 months after the beginning of SAO, according to Volume 3 Chapter 1.
- ↑ Weekly Argo newspaper in Episode 3
- ↑ The 27th Floor Labyrinth is said to be 3 levels below the front line
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 The Day After
- ↑ In Volume 1, Chapter 12, after cleared 74th Floor boss, Kirito said that he discovered it a certain day one year ago.
- ↑ ALfheim Online was released twelve months after the SAO incident, according to Volume 3, chapter 2.
- ↑ Less than 5 days to 24th night according to Volume 2, Red-nosed Reindeer, Part 1.
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 Volume 2, Red-nosed Reindeer, Part 3
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 Nicholas the renegade spawned at midnight, according to Volume 2, Red-nosed Reindeer, Part 1.
- ↑ Kirito got back to his hotel at around 3 AM, while the boss spawned at midnight.
- ↑ Volume 2, Red-nosed Reindeer, Part 4
- ↑ Volume 10, Chapter 4, Part 3 mentions that he got the sword from a boss on the 50th Boss. The front line was still at the 49 by Christmas.
- ↑ In volume 3, chapter 2, it is said that Leafa and Recon had been playing ALO for nearly a year in January 20.
- ↑ Stated in Volume 5 that the guild was announced 1 day after the New Year's Eve of 2023
- ↑ Killed 10 days before the Titan's Hand guild was arrested on the 47th Floor, according to The Black Swordsman side story.
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 The Black Swordsman
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 59.2 59.3 59.4 59.5 Episode 4
- ↑ Opened three months before the events of Warmth of the Heart, according to Volume 2, Warmth of the Heart, Prologue.
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 61.2 Episode 5
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 One day after Kirito and Asuna's duel.
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 63.2 63.3 Date on Monument of Life in Volume 8, A Murder Case in the Area Part 3
- ↑ It was said that the 5 o'clock bell chimed as the "avenger" escaped.
- ↑ Warmth of the Heart Part 2
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 Episode 7
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 Stated in the novel that it happened the day after Asuna left to meet up with Kirito
- ↑ 68.0 68.1 2 days after Kirito and Asuna's meeting.
- ↑ Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer
- ↑ Story Pencil Board (Dengeki Bunko vol. 30)
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 71.3 The Fourteenth Autumn
- ↑ According to Volume 1, Chapter 8, the day the Aincrad Liberation Force challenged the 74th Floor's boss (Oct18) is the 9th day after they started clearing the floor.
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 5
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 According to Volume 1 Chapter 6, these two events happened one day before Kuradeel challenged Kirito
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 7
- ↑ In Volume 1, Chapter 12, it was said that Kirito met with Heathcliff the day after this day's event.
- ↑ 77.0 77.1 77.2 77.3 The day Kirito proposed to Asuna is 4 day since The Gleam Eyes was defeated according to The Day Before
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 10
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 11
- ↑ 80.0 80.1 Volume 1, Chapter 12
- ↑ A day after defeating 74th Floor Boss.
- ↑ Volume 1, Chapter 13
- ↑ Kirito wears Knights of the Blood's white uniform for the first time 2 days after Kirito's duel with Heathcliff, according to Volume 1, Chapter 14
- ↑ 84.0 84.1 Kuradeel killed Godfree the next day according to Volume 1, Chapter 14-15
- ↑ Two days before the events of The Day Before
- ↑ 86.0 86.1 86.2 86.3 86.4 The Day Before
- ↑ 87.0 87.1 Material Edition 10 - 16.6
- ↑ Material Edition 11 - 16.7
- ↑ 89.0 89.1 89.2 Episode 11
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 90.2 Episode 12
- ↑ Left one day after the event at the Hidden Dungeon.
- ↑ 10 days after Kirito and Asuna moved into their new home.
- ↑ Had to happen between the time Kirito and Asuna met Nishida and the day they left for the front line.
- ↑ 3 days after Kirito and Asuna met Nishida.
- ↑ 95.0 95.1 95.2 95.3 95.4 95.5 95.6 Volume 2, Warmth of the Heart, Part 4
- ↑ Interview with SAO: HF game's producer in Taiwan
- ↑ 97.0 97.1 97.2 The Final Promise
- ↑ 98.0 98.1 98.2 98.3 Volume 4 Chapter 9
- ↑ 99.0 99.1 99.2 99.3 99.4 99.5 99.6 Volume 3 Chapter 1
- ↑ Kunori's Tweet
- ↑ 101.0 101.1 101.2 The day after Kirito's first meeting with Leafa.
- ↑ Leafa claimed that it was already past 2 AM when they got trapped in Jötunheimr, according to Volume 4, Chapter 5.
- ↑ 103.0 103.1 103.2 After midnight of the day Kirito and Leafa interfered with the Salamander attack on the Sylph and Cait Sith meeting.
- ↑ According to Volume 4, Chapter 5, it was already past 3 AM when Kirito and Leafa began travelling on Tonkii, but they reached Alne before 4 AM.
- ↑ System announcement claims that it was nearing 4 AM.
- ↑ 106.0 106.1 106.2 106.3 106.4 106.5 In the afternoon of the day during which Kirito and Leafa escaped from Jötunheimr to Alne.
- ↑ It was 3PM when they logged in, according to volume 4, chapter 7.
- ↑ EX3.2 Tragical story on VRMMO development
- ↑ Silica Edition A Spot of Sunshine in the Winter
- ↑ 8 months before events in Volume 5#Chapter 4
- ↑ 111.0 111.1 111.2 Celeste Fairy
- ↑ 112.0 112.1 112.2 112.3 Episode 25
- ↑ 113.0 113.1 The Day After Part 2
- ↑ The Day After Part 4
- ↑ Extra Edition
- ↑ 116.0 116.1 116.2 116.3 116.4 116.5 116.6 Volume 7 Chapter 1
- ↑ 3 months before the events of Volume 5, Chapter 3. Chapter 4 was said to have taken place 156 days after the academic year start (April for Japan), while it was said that the events of Chapter 3 happened the day before.
- ↑ 118.0 118.1 118.2 118.3 118.4 118.5 118.6 Volume 5, Chapter 1
- ↑ in the story, ~8 months after The Seed package available pulicly
- ↑ 120.0 120.1 Volume 5, Chapter 2
- ↑ 121.0 121.1 One week after Kazuto's meeting with Kikuoka as stated in Volume 5 Chapter 6.
- ↑ 122.0 122.1 The day before Volume 6's Chapter 7
- ↑ 123.0 123.1 123.2 123.3 123.4 123.5 123.6 Volume 6, Chapter 7
- ↑ Volume 6, Chapter 10
- ↑ Chapter 14 states that the tournament lasted for 2 hours, 4 minutes and 37 seconds. Tournament began at 20:00 (8 pm) according to Volume 6's chapter 7.
- ↑ 126.0 126.1 Two days after the 3rd BoB incident as stated in Volume 6's chapter 16.
- ↑ 127.0 127.1 127.2 127.3 Volume 8, Caliber, Part 1
- ↑ Caliber SS
- ↑ 129.0 129.1 Volume 7 Chapter 3
- ↑ Happened the day after Asuna met with the Sleeping Knight
- ↑ 131.0 131.1 131.2 131.3 131.4 131.5 131.6 131.7 Volume 7 Chapter 10
- ↑ Volume 7 Chapter 11
- ↑ Versus
- ↑ 134.0 134.1 Volume 7 Chapter 12
- ↑ A month before Shino, Kazuto and Asuna's meeting at the Dicey Cafe, according to Volume 9, Prologue II, part 2.
- ↑ a week before Volume 9 Prologue II
- ↑ Volume 9 Prologue I, Prologue II part 1,3
- ↑ 138.0 138.1 In Volume 9 Prologue II, Parts 1 and 3 it was stated that Kazuto slept continuously during that Friday to Sunday for his part-time job at Rath. According to Volume 10, Chapter 2, Part 1, that day was June 29, while the calender states that June 29, 2026 is a Monday.
- ↑ 139.0 139.1 139.2 139.3 Kirito, Eugeo and Alice were 11 in 372HWC (Prologue I)
- ↑ 140.0 140.1 Volume 10, Chapter 2, Part 1
- ↑ Two days after Kazuto was attacked by Johnny Black, according to Volume 10, chapter 2, part 1
- ↑ Volume 10, chapter 2, part 2
- ↑ Volume 13 Interlude IV
- ↑ Excerpt (Vol 9, page 115, line 11 (Prologue II, Part 1): ないじゃない？ ちょっと気が早いけど、年末の第五回BoBに向けて、ソイツを予約しとこ.
- ↑ 145.0 145.1 Cardinal states that UW was created 450 years before 380 HWC.
- ↑ 146.0 146.1 Stated in Volume 11 Chapter 6 Part 3 that the "Original Four" stayed for 18 UW years. 70-18=52
- ↑ Stated in Volume 11 Chapter 6 Part 3 that Quinella founded the Axiom Church when she was 13
- ↑ Stated in Volume 11 Chapter 6 Part 3 that it was formed roughly 350 years before 380
- ↑ Bercouli established the village after the Axiom Church was founded and his village had already been founded when Quinella got the power to experiment with Fluctlights
- ↑ 150.0 150.1 150.2 150.3 Stated in Volume 11 Chapter 6 Part 3 that she found it at the age of 80. 17+80=97.
- ↑ Quinella could only start such experimentation when she had acquired a max level of SC authority and had perfected it enough by the time she used it on herself.
- ↑ Happened when Quinella was about 100 years of age. 17+100=117
- ↑ 153.0 153.1 153.2 Quinella was reaching 150 years of age at the time. 17+150=167.
- ↑ 154.0 154.1 Happened after Quinella accidentally allowed Cardinal to take up a body of her own
- ↑ 155.0 155.1 155.2 155.3 155.4 Prologue I
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 2
- ↑ 157.0 157.1 157.2 157.3 157.4 157.5 157.6 157.7 157.8 157.9 Volume 9 Chapter 1
- ↑ 158.0 158.1 158.2 158.3 158.4 Volume 10 Chapter 3
- ↑ 159.00 159.01 159.02 159.03 159.04 159.05 159.06 159.07 159.08 159.09 159.10 Volume 10 Chapter 4
- ↑ The school year in the Sword Mastery Academy, like in Japanese schools, begins in April/4th month.
- ↑ 161.0 161.1 161.2 161.3 161.4 161.5 161.6 161.7 161.8 161.9 Volume 11 Chapter 5
- ↑ 162.0 162.1 162.2 162.3 Volume 11 Chapter 6
- ↑ 163.0 163.1 It was stated that Kirito and Eugeo were assigned valets 1-1.5 months before 17th Day of the 5th Month.
- ↑ 164.0 164.1 Eugeo's talk with Tieze happened one day before the 22nd, while the picnic happened 1 day before the talk.
- ↑ [[Volume 11 Chapter 5|Volume 11, Chapter 5, Part 1.
- ↑ Volume 11, Chapter 6, Part 1
- ↑ The day after Raios died, according to Volume 11, Chapter 5, Part 5.
- ↑ 168.0 168.1 Volume 12 Chapter 7
- ↑ 169.0 169.1 169.2 169.3 Volume 12 Chapter 8
- ↑ 170.0 170.1 170.2 170.3 Volume 13 Chapter 9
- ↑ Volume 13, Chapter 10 describes actions Eugeo took after Kirito and Alice were blown out of Cathedral's wall
- ↑ 172.0 172.1 Volume 13, Chapter 10
- ↑ In Volume 13 Chapter 11, it said that after Alice had done so, Kirito waited for her and hoped she would wake up from her state of unconsciousness caused by a Fluctlight shock, and then used about 2 hours to climb to the 95th Floor, and at the time they reached 95th Floor, the time had just passed 12
- ↑ Kirito had mentioned that he had heard the clock for 8 o'clock.
- ↑ 175.0 175.1 Volume 13, Chapter 11
- ↑ In Volume 13's afterword, Reki promised it will happen in Volume 14
- ↑ 177.0 177.1 177.2 Cradle of the Moon Part 1
- ↑ 3 years after Ronye first met Kirito
- ↑ Cradle of the Moon, Part 9
- ↑ Cradle of the Moon, Part 11