|This article is missing some information.|
You can help by adopting it and adding the missing information.
|Missing Information: Illustrations|
|This article is open for adoption.|
Bullet of Bullets (バレット・オブ・バレッツ, Baretto obu Barettsu?) is the eighth episode of the Sword Art Online II anime adaptation, as well as the eighth episode in the Phantom Bullet Arc. It aired on August 23, 2014.
Prior to going into the governor's office, while checking the list of participants of the third Bullet of Bullets (BoB) tournament, Kirito guessed that Death Gun must have been leveling his character before appearing after the second tournament. He also noticed that there were no players named Death Gun on the participant list, but deduced that he must be participating, as the tournament would be the best stage for him.
At the governor's office, after much persistence, Kirito was able to convince Sinon to tell him the details of the BoB royale. They went to a bar in the governor's office, where Kirito was once again mistaken for a girl by the players in the bar. Taking advantage of this, Kirito asked them to cheer for "her", much to their excitement and Sinon's chagrin.
After Sinon explained all the basics, Kirito stopped Sinon from leaving and asked her whether there were BoB participants whom she did not know about. He found out that, aside from him, there were three other players who had not participated in the former tournaments: Pale Rider, Jūshi X, and Sterben. Kirito deduced that one of these players was Death Gun. In return, Sinon demanded Kirito to explain his motives.
Reluctantly, Kirito revealed that he was acting strange during the preliminaries because he met someone who was his enemy in another game and he believed that the player was was one of the three players that Sinon mentioned. Kirito also revealed that he and the said player had tried to kill each other as the player and his group had done an unforgivable thing. Finally, Kirito revealed that he had to resolve the issue with a sword, but had been avoiding responsibility for his actions and could no longer avoid it. Sinon asked whether Kirito was a survivor of Sword Art Online, but soon regretted asking it. Sinon then changed the topic by reminding him that they had to go to the standby area to have enough time to prepare. On their way, Sinon told Kirito that she still expected him to keep his promise, thus she would not forgive him if he let anyone else kill him.
During the tournament, after sniping Shishigane, Sinon moved to a safe place where she checked on the satellite scan. She noticed that the closest players, aside from Lion King Richie, were Dyne and Pale Rider; thus, she decided to target them. Having found a sniping position on the west side of the bridge that Dyne had crossed, she prepared to take action. However, she suddenly heard movement behind her and tried to draw her side arm, but was quickly countered by Kirito, who had unintentionally snuck up on her.
Kirito asked Sinon not to take any action and to observe Dyne and Pale Rider's battle, which she reluctantly agreed to do. Pale Rider used extremely light equipment and high acrobatics skill to dodge Dyne's bullets and eventually shoot him three times. After Pale Rider had defeated Dyne, he was suddenly shot with a silent bullet. While considering the shooter's position, Sinon remembered that she had not seen Kirito on the map, thus she asked where he had come from. Kirito revealed that he was underwater chasing Pale Rider during the scan, and guessed that he was not detected by the scan because of that. When the two noticed that Pale Rider was hit with a stun bullet, a cloaked man appeared from the shadows of the bridge. Sinon recognized his gun as an Accuracy International L115A3, equipped with a suppressor. As the man prepared to fire with his handgun, Kirito yelled at a confused Sinon to quickly shoot him.
- Lion King Richie
- «Vickers» machine gun
- SIG SG 550
- Pale Rider
- «ArmaLite AR17»
- Adapted from Volume 6, Chapter 9 and 10
- In the novel, the advertisement for Bullet of Bullets is in huge red font.
- In the novel, Sinon did not ignore Kirito's request for information.
- The scene where Kirito was acting girly in front of other players was not part of the novel.
- The scene where Sinon thought that Kirito was boasting when he showed her the BoB participant list was omitted.
- In the novel, the Satellite Scan map was displayed on the screen of the satellite terminal, but in the anime, this was changed into a hologram.
- Sinon's comment about people seeing Kirito in underwear was omitted.
- The second kanji in 夏侯惇 (Kakouton) was incorrectly written as 候 (season, weather), instead of 侯 (marquis, lord).
- Sinon's avatar type was erroneously written as M9000, which is Kirito's avatar type, even though it should be F4000.
- ↑ This was an MP7 sub-machine gun in the novel.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/kunori/status/503546472500310017
- ↑ https://twitter.com/kunori/status/503545967023357952
- ↑ Sinon's Dengeki Fighting Character Card