|This article is missing some information.|
You can help by adopting it and adding the missing information.
|Missing Information: Plot summary, location, character and team lists, adaptation notes|
| Page Adopted By: Gsimenas, Valgaaf|
Please contact these people before making any major (non-grammar, typo correction etc.) edits on this article.
The Second Squad Jam (セカンド・スクワッド・ジャム, Sekando Sukuwaddo Jamu?) is the seventh episode of the Sword Art Online Alternative "Gun Gale Online" anime adaptation, as well as the second episode of the 2nd Squad Jam story. It aired on May 26, 2018.
- Gun Gale Online
- SBC Glocken
- Starting point
- SBC Glocken
- Adapted from Gun Gale Online Volume 2, SECT.4 - SECT.5
- The scene of Miyu telling her guildmates in ALfheim Online about converting her account to Gun Gale Online to participate in a tournament with a friend.
- Multiple instances of Fukaziroh accidentally referring to LLENN by her real world nickname, as well as Fukaziroh becoming confused which name she should use when talking about real world money, were omitted throughout the episode.
- Fukaziroh's dialogue with the avatar broker was shortened, omitting Fukaziroh's question on how much her avatar would be worth.
- A comparison between LLENN's and Fukaziroh's stats was omitted.
- In the novel, the origin of Fukaziroh's name was explained in narration in an earlier part of the story when Karen and Miyu met in Hokkaido, rather than LLENN asking about it in Gun Gale Online. Instead, during their conversation in GGO, LLENN complained about the difficulty in pronouncing Fukaziroh's name, thus Fukaziroh proposed to be called Fuka for short.
- A comparison between the colourfulness of the world of Gun Gale Online and ALfheim Online was omitted.
- The scene of Karen contacting Goushi for funds, as well as the explanation that Goushi used an item box to transfer the funds, instead of doing so directly, to avoid leaving any records of the transaction were omitted.
- The origin of the two MGL-140s was omitted.
- The explanation that an MGL-140 could use more than just explosive grenades was omitted.
- Fukaziroh did not mention the source of her funds when purchasing her grenade launchers in the novel.
- In the novel, the shop assistant's offer to remove the sights from Fukaziroh's grenade launchers was mentioned in a flashback while Fukaziroh and LLENN were practising in the fields.
- The shop assistant's remark that Fukaziroh's purchase would be enough to support his living expenses the following month was omitted.
- In the novel, Fukaziroh only bought her other equipment, including the knife that she uses to tie her hair, after purchasing her grenade launchers.
- Fukaziroh's acquisition of a Smith & Wesson M&P as a side arm was omitted from the anime.
- In the novel, Fukaziroh let LLENN test one of her grenade launchers to see how Bullet Circles worked. At that point, LLENN realised that it would be impossible for her to wield one of the grenade launchers in one hand effectively due to the heaviness of the gun.
- Fukaziroh's comparison of grenade launchers with long-incantation magic in ALfheim Online, as well as her regret at not being able to soar the skies in Gun Gale Online and LLENN's retort that Gun Gale Online was not the home of fairies, were omitted.
- In the novel, LLENN did not mention registering for the tournament when telling Fukaziroh about a new strategy she wanted to test.
- The anime does not mention Karen developing sleeping issues and headaches, as well as earning concern from her elder sister, due to spending a lot of her time in the game to prepare for the tournament. The anime also does not mention that Fukaziroh, in contrast, could always already be found in-game whenever LLENN logged in.
- The scene of SHINC members conducting intensive training sessions in Gun Gale Online was omitted. Additionally, the members learnt about Karen's participation while attempting to acquire a new weapon from a dungeon, rather than in a dressing room at school, some time after they had their strategy meeting about needing a new weapon.
- ZEMAL's reference to Narrow was omitted.
- A comparison of the prizes of the first and second Squad Jam, as well as the fact that the revelation of the prizes for the second tournament caused a surge in interest in the event, were omitted.
- A reference to LLENN's love for snacks when Fukaziroh ordered drinks that came with complementary beef jerky was omitted.
- In the anime, LLENN acquiring some camouflage ponchos in preparation for the different terrain during the Squad Jam tournament was skipped.
- Fukaziroh's joke that PM4 could be a reference to a time for snacks was omitted.
- In the novel, LLENN also specifically mentioned MMTM as one of the teams they had to be wary of.