Sword Art Offline 6 (そーどあーとおふらいん6, Sōdo Āto Ofurain 6?) is the sixth episode of the Sword Art Offline extra series that was bundled with limited edition version Blu-ray Discs and DVDs. This episode is anchored by Leafa and Kirito, with no special guest in this episode. The show is renewed since this episode.
PlotEditIn this episode, Leafa's breasts had been "mistakenly" focused on multiple time by cameraman as a reoccurring joke in this episode.
Leafa reported the news of a mysterious newbie player, a Spriggan named Kirito, who had appeared in ALfheim Online (ALO) the previous day and who, although being a complete newbie who had basic equipment, did not know how to fly and knew nothing about the game, rivaled high-level players in skill.
Sword Art TriviaEdit
Yui stated that ALO is a game based on Norse mythology, thus many place, character, as well as weapon names are associated with Norse mythology. Even the game itself is named after the "land of fairies"[† 1] in the Norse legend.
In this corner, Leafa and Kirito commented on several scenes that appeared in sixth volume of the BD/DVD (Episodes 15,16).
They commented on:
- The scene during which Kirito was prompted to select his race in ALO. (Episode 16)
- The scene during which Kirito selected to be a Spriggan. (Episode 16)
- The scene during which Leafa defeated a Salamander. (Episode 16)
- The scene during which three Salamanders surrounded Leafa and Kagemune asked her to surrender, but another Salamander remarked that they should just kill her anyway. (Episode 16)
Sword Art TriviaEdit
Yui stated that, in ALfheim Online, if a player's HP reaches zero, a flame, the colour of which corresponds to the attribute of the player's race, called a Remain Light, would be left behind and that the player can be brought back from the dead on the spot if a revive is done within a minute of the player's death.
In this section the guest discusses about topics that are brought up randomly by a slot machine. In this episode, Leafa is the one to spin the wheel, as no guests were invited to this episode. This week's topic was the type of girl/boy(of opposite sex) the guest fancies and Leafa began describing the type of guy she would like, the description being an exact match for Kirito/Kazuto, however, when Kirito asked whether he would fit her ideals, she claimed that there was something that was almost childish about him, to which Kirito agreed.
- Leafa - Anchor
- Kirito - Commentator
- Yui - Trivia Bot
- RECT Inc., guaranteeing a safe, pleasant online life for all.
- ↑ Technically, "Alfheim" means the "land of elves" in Norse mythology, but the terms "elf" and "fairy" were used interchangeably from the late Middle Ages, including Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" which the author of Sword Art Online uses as a source for some of the mythology in ALfheim Online