|Spoiler Alert: This wikia contains details about future plotlines described in the light novels. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
Duels are authorized Player vs. Player fights that take place even in safe areas and will not change a player icon from green to orange by killing the opponent.
At the beginning of the duel, the player will have 60 seconds to prepare for the duel. After the 60 seconds end, the duel will start.
To make a duel a player must send a request to another, the second player must accept and may decide then which type of duel it will be. Once the duel starts, the AREA effect is lifted from the two duelists.
After a duel is concluded, a window that indicates the winner will appear between the participants if they are within 10 meters of each other. If the participants are farther apart at the end of a duel, then two windows will appear at the closest point to both the winner and loser separately.
- Kirito vs. Asuna (Material Edition 01)
- Kirito vs. Kuradeel
- Kirito vs. Heathcliff
- Kirito vs. Heathcliff (Floor 75)
- Kirito vs. Eugene
- Kirito vs. Leafa
- Kirito vs. Oberon
- Asuna vs. Yuuki
- Mosaku vs. Tonnura
Types of DuelEdit
In Sword Art Online and ALfheim Online, three types of duels exist:
- Total Loss Mode: Rarely used in SAO, since it will only stop when a player's HP reaches 0, and that will mean permanent death for the loser. This is the one used for Sleep PK.
- Half Loss Mode: The winner is decided after the other player loses half of their HP. Rarely used in SAO since a critical hit could reduce someone's HP to the danger zone.
- First Strike Mode: This is the most common, the winner is decided by whoever lands the first clean hit or whittle the opponent's HP to half.