|Non Canon: Some or all events and details given in this article, may be considered non-canon to the main story.|
Accel World VS Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight (アクセルワールド VS ソードアート・オンライン 千年の黄昏?) is an Action RPG to be published by Bandai Namco Games for the PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation 4 (PS4) as a crossover game adaption between the Sword Art Online and Accel World franchises. .
Story (SPOILER ALERT)Edit
Kirito, Asuna, and Yui spent their days in peace in the VRMMO “ALfheim Online”, which is based on Norse mythology. But then, a sudden announcement was made.
“We will be carrying out urgent maintenance today starting now.”
After hearing the announcement, Yui, who appears different than usual, departs somewhere.
While Kirito and Asuna were chasing her, they were attacked by a mysterious black machine life-form.
“Let’s go! My name is the Black King, Black Lotus!!”
Going beyond time, the accelerated worlds and virtual worlds collide—.
After holding back Black Lotus, Asuna reaches Yui who is captured by Persona Vabel. Persona Vabel reveals her intentions to kill Yui before vanishing. Black Lotus realizes her mistake and tries to help Kirito and Asuna. A huge ass monster appears and blocks the path to Yui in the Vabel Tower and forces the three out of the area to the meadows in the first area of Svart Alfheim.
The three gather everyone of ALO (main characters anyway) and the members of Nega Nebulas and Scarlet Rain as well as Blood Leopard to find a way to save Yui. They fight ghosts of the Seven Kings and obtain Seven orbs that will open to door to the Vabel Tower. Throughout the journey, they also encounter Chrome Disaster which is from the future like Persona Vabel is and obtain the eight orb.
They arrive late when Yui disappears. Strea from the future reveals herself by possessing the current Strea and reveals that they can go to the future to copy Yui back to the present. They fight three Enemies from Brain Burst (by obtaining three rings called the Trinity which can weaken the Enemies and is found in the Ghost Ship at the Frost area) and obtain three items which Rain and Lizbeth make into two swords.
The two swords are given to Strea and Metatron who go the Highest Level. Kirito and the gang enter the Vabel Tower where Kirito changes ALO into one single file and Strea brings them to the future.
In the future a thousand years ahead, Kirito, Asuna and the gang meet Metatron, Strea and Yui from the future. Yui reveals herself to be Persona Vabel and that she's sad and too depressed and wants to die, so she travels back in time to erase herself. Kirito and Asuna tries to convince Yui to stop but she equips the Chrome Disaster armor, which had been revived due to the dark emotions dumped into the digital world by humans.
Kirito and the gang defeats her, but are too late as the overwrite effect from the past has caught up. Chrome Disaster reveals a spare copy of Yui from the past that he has kept in him before disappearing. Kirito requests that Yui/Persona Vabel return with them and even wants to have her merged with the old Yui, even though the memories would disappear due to a paradox. Yui eventually agrees and they return back to the present.The Burst Linkers bid the ALO players goodbye and returns to their time, which 21 years ahead. Silver Crow sends a message to Kirito in hopes he would receive it and founds out that ALO is still connected to Brain Burst. Silver Crow and Kirito fights in a duel before one would win (Depending on who you play as) and their lives continue.
Battles use the Ground-Sky Active Change Battle system, which allows the player to form a party of three characters to fight both on the ground and in the sky. The player can mix Accel World and Sword Art Online characters together and freely switch between the player character in real-time.
The following characters have been confirmed as being included thus far:
- Persona Vabel - New original character, playable via paid DLC
An Accel World VS Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight Soundtrack is bundled with the game's limited edition on PS4 or PS Vita.
- Silver Crow is the only Accel World crossover character that has the ability to fly.
- ↑ The official game site
- ↑ Asia announcement trailer
- ↑ North America announcement trailer
- ↑ Europe announcement trailer
- ↑ Dengeki Online article covering the announcement of the game at Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival, via Anime News Network
- ↑ Dengeki Online article featuring the story translated via Gematsu
- ↑ Dengeki Online article translated via Gematsu
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8 http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/426/1426544/ translated via http://gematsu.com/2016/12/accel-world-vs-sword-art-online-millennium-twilight-details-story-characters
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Sword Art Online Magazine volume 2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 Dengeki Online article.
- ↑ 11.00 11.01 11.02 11.03 11.04 11.05 11.06 11.07 11.08 11.09 11.10 Sword Art Online Magazine volume 3
- ↑ 12.00 12.01 12.02 12.03 12.04 12.05 12.06 12.07 12.08 12.09 12.10 Dengeki Online article
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Dengeki online article
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Popular Vote Page
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Screenshot taken from February 21, 2017 live stream
- ↑ Gematsu[Clarification needed]
- ↑ Official Japanese game site's LE information page
|Console Games Navigation Bar|